Our Pre-Press department is where Mitchell Press really stands out.
Pre-press is where all the preparation work that is necessary to ensure the quality of your project is done. In the printing process, this typically covers file submission, file review, screening and colour proofing, imposition (pages arranged on the press plate), colour separations, pre-flight, and plate production.
It all starts with our friendly, knowledgeable customer services representatives. We invest the time to get to know you, your project and your goals to determine the most efficient format for your project (See Planning). Once we’ve defined the parameters of your job and the files are submitted, your project gets entered into our world-leading PRINERGY automated workflow management system.
This intelligent automation solution works with our web-based client interface, our InSIte Prepress Portal, to streamline communication and production processes, improve turn-around and reduce costs. Essentially, this system enables us to centralize control over our computer-to-plate (CTP) devices and our print manufacturing process, such as sharing job data from pre-press to production and management. This automated workflow system, combined with our business management system, enables Mitchell Press to provide faster, better quality, and more economical print solutions for our customers.
Web-Based Client Interface
- Stay in touch with your project’s workflow — from anywhere and in real-time — with Mitchell Press’ InSIte Prepress Portal.
- Upload your job instantly through our secure online portal.
- Run an instant pre-flight check to spot problems with your files.
- Mark up changes, set up notifications, and collaborate with other team members remotely with Team Review.
- Review your press proof from the comfort of your own office with Smart Review. Zoom in to pixel level, measure dimensions, check colours with a densitometer, and verify colour separations.
- Compare and replace rejected pages with Arrange Pages.
- Track and manage the progress of your project in real time.
- Sign off on your project from anywhere. And request a printed proof, if required.
InSIte is an HTML5-based system that works with Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. A free iPad app is also available to review and approve pages on the go.
InSIte works with Mitchell Press’ Prinergy workflow management system to ensure changes are incorporated instantly, ultimately saving the client both time and money.
Get sharper, more vibrant images with Mitchell Press’ quality enhancement techniques. Through a combination of G7 Proof-to-Print colour management processes and Kodak’s high-resolution, 10,000 dpi SQUAREspot technology, Mitchell Press can deliver the highest quality printing available anywhere.
- G-7 Colour Management: Vibrancy is paramount. Consistency is crucial. As a G7 Master Printer, Mitchell Press knows how to sharpen your images, ensure consistency of colour throughout an entire run year after year, and while we are at it, reduce make-ready and start-up waste. The secret is in our computerized Ink Optimizing Solution, which uses more Black than Cyan, Magenta, or Yellow in our print calibration processes.
- High Resolution SQUAREspot Technology: Get a sharper image with Mitchell Press’ SQUAREspot technology. While most laser systems deliver a laser spot with an effective diameter of about 1500 dpi with a fuzzy Gaussian profile, Mitchell Press’ SQUAREspot Technology provides an amazing high resolution of 10,000 dpi, virtually eliminating the blurry dot profile. This enhanced dot profile, combined with SQUAREspot’s Dynamic Autofocus, Automatic Temperature Compensation and Geometric Correction, provide the optimum in high caliber resolution.
- Better Than The Average Line Screen: While the industry standard is 150 lines per inch (LPI), Mitchell Press prints at 210 lines per inch. While this puts Mitchell Press above the average commercial printer, it’s not the end of the story. Mitchell Press also uses Maxtone Screening. This hybrid process, which combines the best of both stochastic and conventional screening technology, enables pin-sharp detail and crisp print reproduction to create a visual representation of 300 line screen or greater. This is something that not many web printers can achieve.